The Mini-Maker Faire is only 3 weekends away and there is still so much to do on the Cupcake Car. I spent nearly all day Sunday making the Steel “tin” that forms the wall around the base of the car. This was the first time I really got to use my sheet metal brake and it worked really well.
The day was extra hot so after 7 hours I was drained. The rear axle was another project I checked off my list along with the sprocket to connect to the motor.
After looking at my limited time left, I broke down and bought a motor controller. The good thing is I have enough high-power parts to make a 2nd supped-up cupcake car, the bad thing is it’s more money.
I started mounting the tin and the curve is a bit off so I have to fake it a bit. My goal is to finish that by the next weekend.
Monday I discovered some rust on the tin. I’ll need to find some clear coat or rust-inhibitor.